Monday, August 23, 2010

Kimora leaving Baby Phat

   Kimora Lee Simmons, the 35 year-old supermodel and mogul, is said to be leaving Baby Phat and Phat Farm Fashions. Simmons, who has branded and anchored Baby Phat fashions for the last 14 years, is looking to pursue other endeavors, as she readies to close one chapter and draft another.
Simmons is quoted in a recent press release as saying:
“After 14 years of conceiving and nurturing Baby Phat, it’s time for me to move on and further expand my other businesses and create a new phenomenon,” Simmons says. “I adore all those who have faithfully been with me since the beginning.”


Does anyone even wear these urban fashions anymore? I really use to kill myself over having the latest Baby Phat, Roca Wear, Dereon, and Apple Bottoms apparel ( I didn’t know any better), but now I run the opposite way when I see this stuff. So, is Kimora’s decision to leave only a precursor to an inevitable decline of Baby Phat and Phat Farm Fashions? Well… we are living in some hard times.


To read the full article click here >>>

1 comment:

  1. Not a huge surprise considering the business woman she is. KL and RS sold fat fashions for a combined total estimate of $240 million a few years back. She stayed on board as the creative director after the sale of BP to preserve the company's image. I've never been the urban girl ever...but Kimora is a business guru. She knows how to make an image and sell it. Now it's time for her to reinvent herself...a mature Kimora. Whether I like what she sells or not I still have to respect her work ethic.

    ReplyDelete